George Kallis is a Greek/Cypriot Film & TV composer based in Los Angeles. He has scored over 20 feature films, Emmy and BAFTA award-winning TV programs. His trademarks are lyrical melodies and lush, full-bodied score arrangements. In 2015 he was nominated for an African Academy Film Award in Cape Town for his score ‘A Place in the Stars’.
- AND THEN THERE WAS LIGHT (2016) – Starring Burt Reynolds and Amy Smart. A young girl struggles after a traumatic horse riding accident causes her to lose her eyesight. CHARLES, the head trainer of Southeastern Guide Dogs, trains Apple, a miniature horse, to be her companion and surrogate eyes.
- ALBION: RISE OF THE DANANN (2016) – Starring John Cleese, Deborah Messing, Jennifer Morrison. A twelve-year-old girl is transported by a magical black stallion to the mystical world of ALBION, where she discovers that she alone is the key to saving an entire race of people.
- BEHIND THE WALLS (2016) – Years it has waited, now someone’s moved in. Through the eyes of the evil within we witness a broken family desperately seeking a new beginning, in a new home, but this house lives, watches and wants them to stay-FOREVER
- 93 DAYS (2016) – Based on a real story the film stars Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) who plays a doctor who heads the Ebola outbreak in Nigeria which eventually got contained after taking the lives of several doctors. The score will be recorded with a 70 piece orchestra.
- THE BLACK PRINCE (2016) – Directed by Kavi Raj, the story describes the story of last Maharaja of the Sikh Empire Maharaja Duleep Singh, who was displaced from his preordained royal future and taken to the ‘alien’ culture of Victorian England.
- GAGARIN FIRST IN SPACE – The score for Yuri Gagarin’s biopic film was recorded with the 100-piece Russian State Symphony Orchestra and Choir and earned much acclaim by film-music critics. (Amazon, Soundtrack Geek, Movie Wave)
- HIGHLANDER-THE SOURCE – The latest installment of the franchise was directed by Brett Leonard. The score received much acclaim by film-music websites. (iTunes, Buy Soundtrax)
- OPERATOR –A beat-the-clock action thriller starring Ving Rhames (Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Pulp Fiction) and Mischia Barton and directed by emmy-winning directors Brothers Olson.
- SHORT-FUSE – Produced by George Zakk (Chronicles of Riddick) and 1821 Media, Short Fuse is an exciting fast-paced thriller which will be shown in Greek theaters late 2015.
- BEREAVE – Starring Malcolm Mcdowell (Clockwork Orange, Entourage) and Jane Seymor (Wedding Crashers, Live and Let Die), Bereave is currently making a busy festival run worldwide. The film was directed by Evangelos and George Giovanis.
- JOY DIVISION – Directed by Reg Traviss the film tells the story of a teenage orphan fights against the Red Army at the end of WWII and in the aftermath is ‘adopted’ by a Commissar.The score was recorded with the Slovak Radio Orchestra. (Cue example: Separation)
- ANTI-SOCIAL – Expected in British theaters late spring 2015, ANTI-SOCIAL is a crime-thriller written and directed by Reg Traviss which focuses on real-life heist events in England.
- ALL THAT JAM – Paullina meets an unlikely match in a visiting American movie star and discovers that recipe of her grandma’s jam could be a key to her happiness. Directed by Sash Andranikian. The score was recorded with the Russian State Orchestra in Moscow.
- A PLACE IN THE STARS – Directed by Steve Gukas the film has just won the audience award at AMVCA2015. George conducted the Budapest Symphony Orchestra for the recordings. You can watch a clip here.
- BEHIND THE MIRROR – Produced by Nicolas Sampson and directed by Minos Papas, Behind the Mirror is a thinking audience drama about Xavier whose objections to the construction development of the town’s riverbank spiral him out of control.
- CALL ME KING – Directed by martial arts choreographer RL Scott and starring Amin Joseph (The Expendables, The Myst), the score features a heavy electronica base, mixed with orchestral colors!
- SCREWED – Directed by Reg Traviss the film is a semi-biographical story based on the experiences of former prison guard Ronnie Thompson who spent seven years working in some of the UK’s most dangerous prisons.
- DRY RUN – Starring Max Ryan (Sex and the City2). Alone, on the run, and desperate to reach his next stopover by nightfall, a former criminal persuades an old friend to drive him. The score is mixed with acoustic guitars and distorted harmonica!
- THE CHRISTMAS PARTY (Julefrokosten) – The film is a Christmas Comedy and was hugely successful in the box-office in Denmark and Scandinavia.
- LUCK – Directed by Bafta -nominated director Liviu Tipurita Luck tells the story of Numbers Joe who has a rear quality predicting lottery numbers.
- RIGHT HAND DRIVE- A funny story about faith, forgiveness and the weird people you grew up with while trying to start your car.
- THE PROTOTYPE – A government agent stumbles upon an alien conspiracy to conquer Earth. Using a blue liquid created by the aliens to make soldiers stronger, he becomes The Prototype-the only hope for mankind.
DOCUMENTARIES AND TV SERIES
- HORIZON, BBC2 (BAFTA AND EMMY AWARDS) – Composed the opening titles for the 40th year running of this flagship 50-minute science documentary series.
- MY LIFE, CBBC (BAFTA AWARD) Composed the opening titles for the multi-award winning doc which follows the highs and lows of children across the world, each with a unique story to tell. Produced by Kez Margie.
- INSIDE THE GANGSTER’S CODE, DISCOVERY – Composed the opening titles and score. Lou Ferrante explores different gang cultures, their characters, and their inner workings. Produced by Nerd TV.
- AFRICAN JOURNALIST AWARDS,CNN – composed the music for the award winning ceremony which highlights the struggles journalists face in Africa.
- IMOW GLOBAL MOTHERHOOD/MATERNAL HEALTH – Collaborated with Emmy award winning producer Virginia Williams on this very interesting series.
- THE RED KITE PROJECT – a fascinating project which explores theatrical initiatives t0 improve the lives of children with autism. Directed and produced by acclaimed commercial spot director Kerry Shaw Brown. (Amazon)
- VORES KRIG – Award winning Danish documentary series about soldiers sent to Afghanistan and their relationships with their families.
- MANDELA LONG WALK TO FREEDOM (MUSIC PUBLISHER)
- 47 RONIN (MUSIC PUBLISHER)
- INTO THE WHITE
- GAGARIN FIRST IN SPACE
- HIGHLANDER THE SOURCE
- JOY DIVISION
- MCDONALD’S EARTH’S TREASURE
- MITSUBISHI PAJERO
- TOSHIBA 3D LED CINEMA TV DISPLAYS
- SYDNEY COUNCIL ZERO WASTE
- SCAN HEALTH PLAN
- WASHINGTON MUTUAL
- CABOT CIRCUS
- VARIOUS GREEK COMMERCIAL SPOTS
LICENSING / MUSIC PLACEMENTS
George’s composition are also regularly licensed worldwide on major international and high profile TV shows including EMMY and BAFTA awarded programs such as
- THE FIFTH ESTATE on CBS
- FETCH on PBS
- ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (UFC)
- AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (20th Century Fox)
- FARAH’S STORY (NBC/C4)
- LOST BULLETS (Winner Mexico Int. Film Festival)
- THE SUMMER OF GODS (various awards)
- CURIOSITY (Starring Golden Globe winner Emily Blunt)
- BROTHERHOOD (Winner Hull ISFF and Rob Knox Film Festival)
- THIRST (Honorable Mention Los Angeles Movie Awards)
- THE 13TH MIRROR
- TAXI DRIVER
- GOLD HILL
- A PIECE OF SECRET
- WINTER’S SECRET
George was introduced to composition through songwriting and won various awards while growing up in Cyprus. His debut CD WHERE THERE IS A CHILD, which included lyrics by Nobel-Prize nominated writer Kypros Chrysanthis earned George a GOLD CD RECORD by Galaxy Music. George donated all the album’s proceeds for the relief of children who suffer from leukemia. During his studies, George represented Cyprus as a songwriter in THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST in Jerusalem, which was watched by over 40 million people worldwide. George’s recent song, THE SUN IS GONNA SHINE, was the theme tune for HIGHLANDER THE SOURCE, sung by JOHN SLOMAN (URIAH HEAP).